Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Daiai Lama Speaks...Again....

I stress about putting private information out there in public. My soul chart shows this is beyond a Jennifer ego issue.... it is a soul issue. Why?
She laughed as she handed me the wheel of my soul chart, and she said, "You have been to the gallows many times for speaking your beliefs, haven't you?" 
Fast forward...So it stands to reason I would be cautious.  I go about my day, and then here comes the following info in front of my face:

Justice entails a requirement to act when we become aware of injustice. Indeed, failure to do so may be wrong, although not wrong in the sense that it makes us somehow intrinsically bad. But if our hesitance to speak out comes from a sense of self-centeredness, then there may be a problem. If our response to injustice is to ask, "What will happen to me if I speak out? Maybe people won't like me," this could well be unethical because we are ignoring the wider implications of our silence. It is also inappropriate and unhelpful when set in the context of all others' equal right to happiness and to avoid suffering. This remains true even--perhaps especially ; when, for example, governments or institutions say, "This is our business" or "This is an internal affair." Not only can our speaking out under such circumstances be a duty, but more importantly it can be a service to others.

The Dalai Lama on universal responsibility
http://www.shareguide.com/DalaiLama.html

Analyze that, OK?

No comments:

Followers