Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Star Trek


I am a Trekkie.
I want to live in the land of Star Trek.
I want to move from world to world... to explore...
To take cultural anthropology to a new level!

Star Trek aims to stun fans | Entertainment | Reuters
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE5443BU20090505


I love the movie about the discovery of warp speed.
The crew comes back to Earth. 
A crazy old scientist type, think Christopher Lloyd ("Jim" from Taxi, Back to the Future, etc.)

I idoloze Jean Luc Picard.  He is one of my heroes.
Loquitious of Borg.
Earl Grey.  Hot.
He was shown a life on a planet whose sun went supernova long ago --- they sent a hologram, in which Jean Luc interacted -- just like the holodeck -- he lived a whole life, with a wife and a musically talented son, and a daughter with a bent for engineering -- they collected data on the planet, as scientists, they knew the planet was doomed, and Jean Luc knew the supernova was imminent. ...(just like lots of us know that our electromagnetic spectrum is thinking about doing a little flip flop).... he returned to "present" consciousness, was examined by dr. krusher, and he then retired to his quarters. And there sat his flute. From the dream. And he picked it up and played the same song he played over and over in his dream, as he taught himself to play. Thinking... I am really a starship captain.  I am really a starship captain.  I am really a starship captain.

No comments:

Followers